Pages

MY VIEWS ARE MY OWN AND NOT REFLECTIVE OF WHO I WORK FOR.

Thursday 20 December 2012

Women Writers: Where Are You?

As an opinion writer who only started out about six months ago writing about my views on a number of social/historical/political topics, things have been, slow. While being called 'thought provoking' and the like, opinion stuff seem to get a lot less attention than the beauty stuff. Understandably. Opinion stuff get a lot less comments. A lot less feedback. A lot less sharing (from my experience). But then again, I only seem to get the positive reaction if I deal with a particular crowd; 'conscious' individuals, writers, poets... artists in general.

But I get it though. Sorta. We are women. We like nice things such as food, make-up, clothes, womanly stuff. We like happy things. We don't like sad things. We don't like real-life stuff. And many of us choose to blog about the sometimes mundane, overtired, done and done again stuff to escape real life. I can't knock that at all. I can't... because that's what my other blog has become.

I seem to appreciate writings about real issues, how to find the solution and how to prevent it from happening again.... but we're all different. I'm sort of nerdy. I'm sort of into all of that and more.

It is fair to say though that many people don't care about other people's opinions on said subject matter and I really respect that. But where are the women who want to change the world a blog post at a time?

Am I not looking close enough?

Do you know any? Share the love.


No comments:

Post a Comment