Pages

MY VIEWS ARE MY OWN AND NOT REFLECTIVE OF WHO I WORK FOR.

Monday 25 February 2013

Film Afrika: Mix tape Malcolm X Documentary

This was my first ever Film Afrika. Film Afrika at Yemanja occurs every last Friday of the month.

This Film Afrika was about Malcolm X (he died on the 21st of February 1965). In commemoration of him there was a viewing of a mix tape Malcolm X documentary (documentary footage compiled from many different sources) on the Friday and on the Sunday there was a commemoration ceremony (which I couldn't attend).

The documentary mix tape showed footage of a series of documentaries. I'm still trying to find out which ones but I think I'm very likely to just purchase a copy from Yemanja at £4.

I've learned more about Malcolm X from the documentary. I've learned of the FBI's complete involvement in X's life and their infiltration of the Nation Of Islam. I've learned that the Honourable Elijah Muhammad wasn't as honourable as people like to say he is.

Below I've compiled a few documentaries (some of the clips were shown in the mix tape, but not all).

I've also added a personal favourite clip of Malcolm X's speeches.








My personal favourite, it's still 100% relevant to this day:

Who Taught You To Hate Yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment